Friday, July 31, 2009

Another Poem

Ice Princess

She jumps into Emerald Lake
Into a sea of faces, she becomes fierce
She begins to speak, laughing “Joy”
Freezing, she takes everything in

One girl changed, a woman to be
She begins a revolution…
Her past behind her, she looks ahead
Cold, her soul is weakened
Her life, a transformation…

She faces the pages of life, a closed book
Opening her soul, she begins to die
There is no Prince Charming in the world
That can save her from a castle on fire

Upon the sands her castle stood
The moonlit path guided her every step
The waves crashed into the stone-built mansion
Drowning in shame, her dreams shattered
The floods came and swept her away
Exiled, she reaches new heights

But home is calling, patiently waiting
For a revival, for inner strength
Her core to melt away, on fire again
Passionately seeking something more

The dragon sits on the left shoreline
Seeking to destroy her, who she will become
And she runs into her father’s embrace
A warm welcome, the prodigal daughter returns
Into love and into grace and into truth


I began writing poetry in high school and never shared my deepest thoughts with anyone – foolish thinking, a hopeless romantic I am. I was inspired to write about one of my favorite experiences on Summer Project, jumping into Emerald Lake. I came out freezing but relieved. Two years ago on a family vacation we visited numerous national parks, sometimes driving by the beautiful scenery. This time I was able to experience God’s creation first hand.

Just some thoughts as I make my journey home again.

1 comment:

Kaitlyn said...

I wish I would of jumped in to.