Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A Slightly New Name

I don't think that I can ever go by Elizabeth again. I know that the poeple who know me as Elizabeth (like family and close friends) Beth-Ann is better. Not only does it show my timid side of myself, but it shows my overly ambigious side. I remember reading Little Women (and taking it in word for word) and wanting to be like Jo March (always theatrical and always writing), but felt more like Beth. I can also credit my friend Cameron for actually choosing the best nickname for me -- plus it is easier to say. You were never shaken, you took charge (Psalms 15). You listened to my ramblings as I vented off my anger and pain, in a very confusing way.

With cups of Earl Grey tea in hand (3x a day), I can write again. Although I am very much like Beth, the Boleyn ambition gets me down. I am Ann: Ann without the 'e.' That drive can be hard to control, being a woman in a Man's world. But then there's always that 'Lady Knight' -- that Eowyn in that crowd of men. Although I see myself as Eowyn, I sometimes (not always) have the wisdom of Gandalf; sometimes it is more foolish, like Radagast the Brown.

I have dug my whole deep in regrets: a dreamer like Joseph, but like Daniel caught in a Lion's den. It's a beautiful metaphor to describe my life.

Since moving to Rock Hill, SC I feel it quite appropriate to call this blog Traveller's Rest. Not only is it a town in Rock Hill, but it's how I feel.

No comments: